Inventory Unit Detail
2014 Mercury 60.0
More Features, More Fun.
Mercury FourStrokes have long led the pack with clean, quiet, fuel-efficient outboard power, and now the gap grows even wider. Whether you pilot a small fishing boat or a party on a big pontoon, there’s a Mercury FourStroke that fits the bill.
No matter the size, these FourStroke outboards are a pleasure to drive. Mercury engineers have created a unique design for easier shifting and refined the throttle resolution setting for smoother low-speed operation. Plus, every 40-60hp FourStroke features a single-latch cowl system for easy, quick release.
The 40, 50 and 60hp models are available with either standard or BigFoot gearcases. BigFoot models are perfect for pontoons and large boats, while the standard gearcases are ideal for aluminum fishing boats, bay boats, and inflatable boats.
- Easy Starts. Smooth Running.: The 40-60hp Mercury engines are Electronically Fuel-Injected, which provides turn-key starting, increased power, improved fuel economy, and spectacular reliability.
- Peace of Mind: Engine Guardian uses key external sensors to monitor all the major functions of your engine. If the proactive operator-warning system detects a potential problem – such as over-revving, overheating, or low oil pressure – Engine Guardian sends out an alert and automatically reduces engine power enough to prevent damage, but still allows you to get to shore.
- Superior Corrosion Protection: Mercury FourStrokes deliver powerful saltwater protection by using stainless steel components, hard anodizing, engineered polymers, and an exclusive multistep painting and coating process. Saltwater maintenance is made easy in the 40-60hp models with the innovative freshwater flush. And only Mercury offers a three-year limited corrosion failure warranty.
- Quicker is Better: Large-displacement dual overhead cam increases low-end power. Mercury FourStrokes consistently outperform the competition in 0-30 mph acceleration.
- Easy Shifting: The precision engineered shift system in every 40-60hp FourStroke delivers smooth, positive shifting for an improved driving experience.
- Slow but Steady: Every 40-60hp SmartCraft-equipped FourStroke features Troll Control, which allows you to set your engine speed as low as 700 rpm for trolling or running through extended no-wake zones.
- Clean Power: All Mercury FourStroke engines are designed to run clean, helping to protect the environment for generations to come. Every Mercury mid-range FourStroke engine carries a CARB Three-star Ultra-low Emissions rating.
- Gauge Your Fuel Economy: Introducing the new ECO-Screen feature of the SmartCraft MercMonitor. The ECO-Screen constantly monitors engine RPM, speed, fuel consumption and engine trim to automatically calculate and guide you to your maximize fuel efficiency. This user-friendly feature utilizes yellow and green display colors to signify when you’re operating at your optimal efficiency. This can result in a 10-20% increase in fuel economy.
- HP/kW: 60 / 45
- Full throttle RPM: 5500-6000
- Cylinder Configuration: I-4
- Displacement (CID / CC): 60.8 / 995
- Bore and Stroke (in / mm): 2.56 x 2.95 in. (65 x 75mm)
- Fuel Induction System: 2 valves per cylinder, single overhead cam (SOHC)
- Ignition: ECM 07 Digital inductive
- Fuel System: Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Alternator Amp: 18 amp / 226 watt
- Cooling System: Water-cooled with thermostat
- Starting: Electric (turn-key)
- Gearcase Ratio: 2.33:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Gearcase Options: BigFoot
- Steering: Big Tiller Compatible, Remote, Tiller
- Trim System: Power Trim
- Exhaust System: Through prop
- Shallow water trim range (degrees): 20
- Recommended Oil: Mercury 4-Stroke Outboard Oil
- Recommended Fuel: 87 octane/up to 10% ethanol
- Remote fuel tank optional: Yes
- Engine Protection Operator Warning System: SmartCraft Engine Guardian
- Compatible with Smartcraft Digital Technology: Yes
- Shaft Length: 20 in. (508 mm)
- Dry Weight (Lightest model available): 260 lb. / 118 kg
- CARB Star Rating: 3
- Engine Type
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.56 x 2.95 in. (65 x 75mm)
- 60.8 cid (995 cc)
- Electric (turn-key)
- Shaft Length
- 20 in. (508 mm)
- 260 lb. (118 kg)
- Trim Method
- Power Trim
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 60 hp (45 kW)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5500-6000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 2.33:1 / F-N-R
- Fuel Induction
- 2 valves per cylinder, single overhead cam (SOHC)
- 18 amp / 226 watt
- Water-cooled with thermostat
- Big Tiller Compatible, Remote, Tiller
- Three-year limited factory-backed warranty