Inventory Unit Detail
2016 Mercury 9.9 Tiller Pull Start
9.9 Tiller Pull Start
Clean used motor, ready to go.
Incredibly responsive to get you going with little or no prep.
- More Thrust: Mercury® ProKicker outboards feature a deeper gearcase and a four-blade, high-thrust propeller with matching gear ratio – the perfect setup for trolling and precise control in all conditions.
- Power Tilt: The fastest power tilt in the industry drops a Mercury 9.9 - 15hp ProKicker FourStroke outboard into the water in just five seconds. Exclusive kicker-centering straps align and secure the outboard in full tilt-up position while you’re underway.
- Defining Durability: The ProKicker gearcase is engineered to be rugged and durable, with robust gears and bearings and a heavy-duty skeg that’s 55% thicker and twice as strong side-to-side as the previous gearcase.
- Command Thrust: Big-time power. With a longer design and bigger components, Mercury Command Thrust was made specifically to deliver the type of power, thrust and control that wider, heavier boats demand. The Command Thrust Difference: 20% larger prop increases control especially at low speeds; Taller gearcase puts the prop deeper, below turbulent water, for improved performance; A low 2.42:1 gear ratio delivers thrust and maneuveraility that big loads demand; Oversized Antiventilation Plate. Oversized design prevents air from being drawn into the prop, which increases efficiency.
- Total Single-Handed Tiller Control: Tiller-steered versions feature the exclusive Mercury multifunction tiller that puts shifting, throttle control (with friction for fine-tuned trolling), stopping, tilting and steering in the palm of your hand.
- Lightweight: At only 83 pounds, these engines are very portable and improve the performance of lightweight boats.
- Convenient and Easy Tilting: Push down on the tiller handle to easily tilt the outboard to any position, made easy with our exclusive ratcheting transom bracket.
- Idle Smoothly: The fuel filter on 8, 9.9, 15hp and 20hp Mercury FourStrokes has been moved to keep the carburetor cleaner for reliable starting and smooth idling.
- Maintain Your Troll: Slow-speed throttle advance has been improved, making it easier for anglers to find and hold their optimal troll speed.
- Richer Idle Air/Fuel Mix: Tiller handle 8, 9.9, 15 and 20hp Mercury FourStrokes have a richer air/fuel mix at idle, making the engines easier to start and providing better idle running quality.
- Simplified Start Procedure: Mercury 8 and 9.9 FourStroke outboards come standard with a three-position choke, eliminating the need for a primer button. Starting is easier and warm-ups are faster!
- HP / kW: 9.9 / 7.3
- Engine type: Inline 2
- Displacement (CID/CC): 12.8 / 208
- Full throttle RPM: 5000-6000
- Fuel induction system: 2 valves per cylinder, single overhead cam (SOHC)
- Alternator amp / Watt: 6 amp / 76 watt
- Recommended fuel: 87% octane / up to 10% ethanol
- Recommended oil: Mercury FourStroke Oil 10W-30
- Engine protection operator warning system: Low oil pressure, Over-rev
- Starting: Electric, Manual
- Steering: Remote, Tiller
- Shaft length: 15 in. / 381 mm
- Gearcase ratio: 2.08:1
- Dry weight *Lightest model available: 84 lb. / 38 kg
- CARB star rating: 3
- Bore and stroke: 2.16 x 1.73 in. / 55 x 44 mm
- Ignition: CDI w/electronic spark advance
- Fuel system: Carbureted
- Cooling system: Water-cooled with thermostat
- Gear shift: F-N-R
- Gearcase options: Standard
- Trim positions: Ratcheting
- Exhaust system: Through prop
- Shallow water drive: Yes
- Shallow water trim range (degrees): 16
- Integrated fuel tank (gal / L): 3.2 / 12
- Remote fuel tank standard (gal / L): 3.2 / 12
- Color: Phantom Black
NOTES:Dry weight based on lightest model available.
- Engine Type
- Inline 2
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.16 x 1.73 in. (55 x 44 mm)
- 12.8 cid (208 cc)
- Electric, Manual
- Shaft Length
- 15 in. (381 mm)
- 84 lb. (38 kg)
- Trim Method
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 9.9 hp (7.3 kW)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5000-6000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 2.08:1 / F-N-R
- Fuel Induction
- 2 valves per cylinder, single overhead cam (SOHC)
- 6 amp / 76 watt
- Water-cooled with thermostat
- Remote, Tiller
- 3 Year Corrosion, 3 Year Limited